Monday, February 14, 2011

Who needs Coachella?

So around this time every year, people are plastering their Facebooks with the Coachella line-up. (For those of you who don't know, Coachella is an annual music festival in Indio, CA where the indie runs rampant. Usually, the three days of music consist of bands though not well known, are incredible. But then also larger nuggets of gold like Paul McCartney, Bob Dylan and artists of the like.) I won't lie, it's usually incredible (though I think it was at its peak in, like, 2006.)

ANYWAY. This years' line-up is kind of amazing and of course, it decides to kick it up a notch when I am in Spain. But the heavens have smiled down on me this day!

Our landlord, Fernando, posted on the house's Facebook page this little doozy of a link: http://www.sos48.com/es_2010/index.php

May I present: SOS 4.8





So for 50 euro, there is a two day musical festival in Murcía, Spain and the set-up is a lot like Coachella; you can camp or stay at places near by and drive in. Well, one of the housemates is from Murcía and we're working on finding a cheap camping spot as we speak. Though not as epic as Coachella, this line-up keeps getting better and longer each day. So far, we have: The Kooks (so excited to see them), MGMT, Steve Aoki, The Bloody Beetroots, !!!, Yann Tiersen, The Editors, Arizona Baby and many more (just to name my favorites). There is also a slew of Spanish bands that I am excited to explore.

Looks like we have an awesome group going as well. Fernando, Miguel, Alberto, Chelsea, Alex, Brandon and I.

Yeah. A bunch of spazzes. Camping. 48 hours of some of the best music of my life. In Spain.

Have fun at Coachella, folks! I'll be SOS 4.8.

No comments:

Post a Comment