Thursday, March 10, 2011

La gripe y otras cosas.

Hello, hello. I realize I haven't blogged in a while, but that is for the lack of compelling and interesting things going on in my life.

Last week I was knocked directly on my bum by the flu (the dreaded "gripe," as it is called here). Fever, aches, throat pain, congestion, the works. It was awesome. Still battling some major sinus congestion but aside from that, I am among the living and attending class again!

Tonight, Brandon and I are seeing a play for our theatre class. It is called, "El caballero de olmedo" by Lope de Vega. I really like what plays I've read of de Vega-back in the states for Comp Lit 400 and in here in Spain. His style is always very nationalistic and based on the ideas of honor and idealism. He often finds a place in his work for women, converting them from heroines to heroes. Which, I dig, of course. Proof that I am going:


If you can read backwards, it's at "Teatro Alhambra" on Molinas street. I imagine the theatre is near the base or boasts a view of the Alhambra. In any case, it's new to me. The theatre we went to for the García Lorca play was more in the "downtown" area. I am excited.

I've forgotten if I've told you, but I am travelling around Northern Italy for Spring Break ("La Semana Santa") with three of my Spanish roommates and Arisa. We're renting a car once we're there and everything. Very exciting! Bolgnia, Venice, Verona, Genoa and Florence, here I come!

However, looking further into the future, I've started thinking about my June trip(s). The "Last Hoorah Trip," as I call it. Having been to much of Western Europe, I really want to sneak in a tropical or warmer place before I leave. I've had my eye on either Greece or Croatia for months, and Chelsea just started researching island hopping trips to either set of islands. The boat trip with lodging, two meals a day, tours, and other amenities is surprisingly affordable! The flight to either Dubrovnik, Croatia or Athens, Greece are not so cheap. We're going to sit down this weekend and figure it out though. In the meantime, here are some "teaser" images of my potential Croatian or Greek island hopping trips...

Croatia:



Greece:


No comments:

Post a Comment