Sunday, August 22, 2010

On Leaving

Supposedly, I'm to get up in 3 1/2 hours to drive to LAX.

HAH! Talk about pulling an all-nighter. I feel like sleeping for three hours would only piss my body off more when my God-awful alarm goes off before the SUN RISES.

Good-byes suck. I said official good-byes to nine people today and it was inevitably horrible. My grandparents and other papa, Ladda and the boys, Collette, and Gideon. Phone good-byes to Bree and Ava (still working on getting a hold of her!). You bet I wore water proof eye make-up.

It's interesting though. Up until this point, I felt like no matter how happy everyone is for me, they were all dreading it in a way. But today, everyone said a variation of, "I'm refusing to be sad because I am just SO excited for you." This made my heart so incredibly full. I can't explain the relief those words (and variations of them) offered me. I have amazing family. I have amazing friends.

I'm maybe 80% packed. Which is better than the 0% two hours ago. If I were Alysha or Jay Paul, I'd start packing around 2:45 a.m. Hah.

Alright. I'm going to make a very important phone call and perhaps organize my life.

Deséame suerte! :]

No comments:

Post a Comment