Sunday, June 26, 2011

Hasta luego, Granada!

(Until next time, Granada.)

I am sitting in the upstairs kitchen stealing Internet that is not meant for me (as mine is not working in my sauna of a room), dealing with 41 C heat (that's about 104 F). I have but THREE hours until I catch my bus to Madrid. Let me break down this awful schedule for you.

5 hour bus ride to Madrid.
4 hour wait until I board my flight.
9 hour flight from Madrid to Washington DC.
2 1/2 hour layover in DC.
5 1/2 hour flight to LAX.

By the time I get home, I will have been traveling for almost 30 hours. Sweet baby Jesus.

BUT, you know the moment I get my bags, I am headed straight for In N Out for my double double, fries animal style and a Neapolitan shake. Yeah, it's getting dirty.

I just have a couple more goodbyes and then I am out of here. I am still blinking in surprise and getting the occasional chill (despite the deadly heat). How did this happen so fast? Ten months of my life has just flown away from me and though I have all of these incredible memories and photos and stories and amazing friends, I will never have anything quite like this ever again.

America, see you in less than 24 hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment